The International Organization for Standardization’s ISO 9001:2008 describes standards for a Quality Management System addressing the principles and processes surrounding the design, development and delivery of a product.
Requirements in ISO 9001:2008 include:
- A set of procedures that cover all key processes in the business
- Monitoring processes to ensure they are effective
- Keeping adequate records
- Checking output for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary
- Regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness
- Facilitating continual improvement